TO APPLY . . .
The Barre Housing Authority administers two housing programs:
1. Public Housing
2. Section 8 Choice Voucher Program
Public housing units are owned and operated by the Barre Housing Authority. The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is for rental units in the private market. A housing assistance payment is paid to the landlord on behalf of the tenant.
All applicants are encouraged to apply for both programs (who is eligible).
Once the completed application is received in our office, it will be placed on our waiting list under pending status until the applicants eligibility can be determined. Some common delays in processing applications are:
1. Failing to sign all required documents;
2. Not submitting two forms of identification on all adult members of the household;
3. Failing to submit verification of social security numbers on all family members;
4. Not providing complete name and mailing addresses of income sources and
We do not offer emergency housing.
Please click on the attachment to print out the application
If you would like us to send an application to you, please complete the information below, please indicate if you would like to have the application emailed or mailed to you: